Garbage trucks on hydrogen
Garbage trucks on hydrogen:
- Garbage trucks on hydrogen are hybrid electric vehicles using fuel cells to charge the battery.
- The fuel cells use hydrogen and oxygen to generate electricity by an electro-chemical process producing only water as a by-product (no harmful emissions)
- The hydrogen is safely stored on-board in gaseous storage tanks.
- The trucks' structure and other non-electric components are the same as the ones of conventional trucks
- The refuelling time is comparable to conventianal diesel trucks
- They offer more comfort to drivers and citizens, due to the zero-emissions and lower noise they produce, compared to diesel
How does it work?
- Watch the animation movie of E-trucks Europe and learn more about the working of a garbage truck on hydrogen